Flower Face

This project was an experiment to fuse pen and flower and see how the writing stood up while the flower decayed over time.

The writing included phrases I find difficult to spell and words were embedded on each seperate petal of the flower.

I wrote on the flower fresh, and left it to dry out over a few days. The process took 13 days from the first to the final picture.

Though the pen marks didn’t fade throughout the process, I was interested in how the movement and decay of the petals changed the way the words appeared. While at the start of the process, the freshness allowed each work to be visible, towards the end of the process, the petals curled in around themselves, making the text much harder to read or see.

Date started: 17/03/21